Upcoming changes (not yet released):
Changes in v2.8.3 (2018-06-13):
- More features in Four-way diff.
- Better visibility that commit happened.
- Shortcuts in preprocess dialog for common patterns.
Changes in v2.8.2 (2018-05-13):
- Added Four-way diff, for comparing changes.
- Bug-fix in revision handling for Fossil.
Changes in v2.8.1 (2018-01-14):
- Repaired plugins for directory diff (broken by multi plugin in 2.8.0).
- Added -excludedir and -excludefile options for directory diff.
- Handle GIT revisions better for directory diff.
- Support -nocase in directory diff.
- Directory diff no longer shortcuts for files with same size&mtime.
- Removed support for old RCS style -rREV command line.
- Corrected detected of Emacs for Registry. (Broken in 2.7.4)
Changes in v2.8.0 (2017-12-05):
- Handle multiple plugins.
- Upgraded DiffUtil to 0.4.0 which is significantly faster for large files.
- Default pivot is now 10. Added GUI choice for pivot 1.
Changes in v2.7.4 (2017-11-30):
- Handle multiple preprocess definitions that can be saved with preferences.
- Preserve line endings when saving during Edit Mode.
- Added -gz flag to compare compressed files.
- Allow multi select in table diff.
- Allow one side of directory diff to be protected from editing.
- Allow directories to be created in directory diff.
- When needing an editor, try VISUAL and EDITOR plus a set of common ones.
Changes in v2.7.3 (2016-08-30):
- Requires Tcl 8.6
- GUI support for table and separator.
Changes in v2.7.2 (2016-08-15):
- Corrected right side numbering when parsing patch.
- Word parse now consistently uses non-space as word char.
- New table view, activated by -table, when comparing tables.
- Mercurial support for Directory Diff, Commit, Revert and Log.
- GIT support for negative revisions and log view.
- Printed PDF is now compressed.
- Printed PDF from patch view adds page break between files.
- Plugins can define command line options they accept.
- Plugins can read ::argv to know the given command line.
- New plugin for binary files
- New plugin for CSV files
- Added option -sep, to set a separator that makes input be interpreted in a table like manner.
- New plugin for PDF files
- Added option -pluginallow to run plugins in a standard interpreter instead of a safe one. Thus a plugin could use e.g. exec.
- Allow plugins to yield if Eskil is run in Tcl 8.6 or newer. Added swap plugin to exemplify this.
Changes in v2.7 (2015-03-09):
- Directory Diff support for GIT, Fossil and Subversion. Directly browse and compare two revisions.
- Plugins in Directory Diff.
- Added option -printFont to select font for PDF generation. Default font changed to a True Type font. Use "-printFont Courier" to fall back on PDF built-in.
- Mac supported
Changes in v2.6.7 (2014-11-13):
- Fixed Directory Diff that stopped working in 2.6.6
Changes in v2.6.6 (2014-10-27):
- Avoid font error with balloon help.
- Store default preferences as comment in rc file.
Changes in v2.6.5 (2014-01-24):
- Fixed error printing patch with only deleted or inserted files.
- Support direct print in patch mode.
- Detect Subversion 1.7 working copy
Changes in v2.6.4 (2013-08-22):
- Include afm font for consistent PDF printing.
- Add .pdf to print file by default
- Fixed bug that marked extra changes in scroll map when displaying a patch.
- Avoid getting double .-files in dirdiff on Windows.
- Corrected display of ancestor lines in three-way merge.
Changes in v2.6.3 (2012-08-21):
- Added Revert button in Revision mode
- Added -pivot flag to control diff algorithm. This cuts down processing time for certain large files.
Changes in v2.6.2 (2012-06-18):
- Fixed bug where extra lines showed when displaying only diffs (no context).
- Include added files when using -review with Fossil.
- Improved plugin viewer and PDF print dialog.
- Support regsub preprocessing controlled per side.
- Support branches in Subversion.
- Support negative revisions with Fossil.
- Added -nocdiff command line flag for debug.
- Fixed a bug where alignment was not properly shown in output.
- Fixed out-of-stack crash.
Changes in v2.6.1 (2011-11-01):
- Eskil re-hosted and changed to use Fossil.
- Fixed directory diff appearance on Windows.
- Fixed bug where copy button in directory diff picked the wrong file.
- Fixed bug where plugins were not found in VFS.
Changes in v2.6 (2011-10-30):
- Support commit in Git and Fossil.
- Support commit, list of files and revisions with -review.
- Added Paste Patch command.
- New -pluginlist option. New GUI for plugin selection.
- Added three-way merge.
- Auto-detect line endings in ancestor file to select merge output.
- Fully rewritten directory diff with new design.
- Set alignment with drag & drop.
Changes in v2.5 (2011-04-01):
- Requires Tcl 8.5.
- Plugins: Added dump, better documentation.
- Dir diff: Added step down.
- Dir diff: Redesigned to display less.
- Support for Perforce and Fossil.
- Allow zero lines of context.
- Detect and display annotation in patch view.
- Select colors for PDF print. Command line options for PDF.
- Removed support for Postscript output.
- Support File Drop with TkDnd.
- Handle line endings in conflict and merge.
Changes in v2.4 (2009-01-08):
- Completely redesigned directory diff.
- Added a log viewer in revision mode.
- Added color option for unchanged text.
- Plugins support.
- Support for Subversion, Mercurial and Bazaar.
- Support commit in Subversion.
- Added -review for displaying all changes in a tree.
- Support command line "-" to read a patch from std input.
Changes in v2.3 (2007-12-05):
- Added -printpdf command line option.
- Fixed line numbering in PDF with big line numbers.
- Started on GIT support.
- Anything on the command line is checked for a starkit. Kits are mounted and treated as directories.
Changes in v2.2 (2007-04-05):
- Added experimental -nonewline command option.
- Added -close command option.
- Added experimental PDF print.
- Added dirdiff preferences and filters.
- Smarter save in merge. FR 2957
- Added commit button for CVS. FR 2780
- Bug fixes include: Kits are mounted read-only, fixed dir diff window menu, improved patch file parsing.
Changes in v2.1 (2006-06-02):
- Added -preprocess command line option.
- Added -foreach command line option.
- Added -context command line option.
- Handle starkits as directories in dir diff.
- Support relative -r with CVS.
Changes in v2.0.7 (2004-12-14):
- Added regsub preprocessing option.
- Added -prefix command line option.
- Improved merge window.
- Added ignore keyword option to directory diff.
Changes in v2.0.6 (2004-10-19):
- Added Ignore Digit option.
- Fixed bug in -r for ClearCase.
- Edit Mode made more robust.
Changes in v2.0.5 (2004-08-20):
- Option -r can now be used with ClearCase diff.
- Edit Mode allows simple editing in the diff display and saving.
Changes in v2.0.4 (2004-06-17):
- Added ignore case option.
- Improved alignment function.
Changes in v2.0.3 (2004-05-26):
- Added context options for "Diffs only" mode.
- Rewrote how "Separate Diff" and "Align" works. The latter now only happens after a "Redo Diff".
- Added scroll map and some more context menu options in Directory Diff.
Changes in v2.0.2 (2004-05-03):
- Fixed a bug in ClearCase support.
- Improved enscript usage in print command.
- Added "mark file" in dirdiff context menu.
Changes in v2.0.1 (2004-02-10):
- Added preference for width and height.
- Added Tools menu to directory diff window.
- Made it simpler to save a conflict in the same file.
First public release v2.0 (2004-01-30):